We made so much food for our dinner Christmas Eve and to take to my grandparents on Christmas that we didn't get around to making these delicious pies. Mom and I are going to make them tonight. Yum!
Five Layer Pecan Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
1 cuppecan halves
6 ouncessemisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cupcaramel ice cream topping
8 ouncescream cheese, softened
8 ouncessour cream
unsweetened cocoa powder, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle pecans evenly in unbaked pastry shell.
3. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of pecan layer.
4. Drizzle caramel topping on top of chocolate chips. Set aside.
5. In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
6. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined. Pour over caramel topping in crust.
7. Bake about 45 minutes or until center appears set.
8. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Sift cocoa powder over pie, if desired.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Keep stopping by because I'll have posts up periodically through Twelfth Night/Epiphany on January 6.
Always in spirit....